Join One Blood on June 5th at Armature Works, from 9am – 2pm, for a blood drive on The Pier. All donors will receive a free One Blood t-shirt, a wellness check, as well as a Covid-19 antibody test.
In an effort to maintain social distancing appointments are strongly encouraged. Make an appointment online at www.oneblooddonor.org
OneBlood Donation Safety Protocols: OneBlood is regulated by the FDA and required to follow strict operational guidelines.
Big Red Buses are clean and meet all FDA safety standards.
At every blood drive and donor center OneBlood team members follow safety protocols, including:
- Wearing medical gloves for blood collections.
- Masks are worn by all OneBlood Staff and must be worn by donors as well. If they do not have one, we can provide on for them.
- Wiping down donor-touched areas and equipment after every collection with disinfectant. This includes, donor beds, registration tablets, blood-pressure cuff and hemoglobin sensors.
- Donors hands are sanitised when they enter the bus and their temperature is taken immediately.
- Only 4 donors are allowed on the bus at a time.
- Only two of the beds can be used at a time
- Using sterile collection sets for every donation.
- Conducting donor mini-physicals, including temperature check to ensure donors are healthy and well on the day of donation.
- Only people who are healthy are eligible to donate blood.
- As an additional safety measure, OneBlood is asking people who have traveled to countries at high risk for the coronavirus to self-defer from donating blood for 28 days upon returning to the United States.
- Team members who are sick or not feeling well do not report to work.
- Donors must sign-in. If there is a wait, they can wait, or we can text them once a spot is available on the bus.