MARKETING EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Marketing Events Stage Coordinators is a part time position that is responsible to assist with executing Armature Works events to support our Marketing strategy. Responsibilities include assisting with some basic prep work, execution and attending Armature Works events (including nights, weekends, and some holidays). This person should have a strong focus on event customer service. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to comfortably speak and interact with guests. You may be called upon to assist with: set up of events including moving tables and chairs, transporting supplies and equipment, basic audio set up, attending, and managing events as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for events, a strong focus on customer service, good communication skills and the ability to interact and work with an events team as needed, additionally, this candidate will have the capacity to be the face of the Armature Works events team as a guest facing representative.
Functions can vary based on event. Candidates must be able to:
- Unload equipment from trucks and setting up venues for events, including moving and setting up chairs and tables. Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Event staff needs to constantly be on their feet and attend to the many needs of eventgoers, requiring physical stamina and high energy levels.
- Understand how to operate cash register.
- Work under the instructions of an Event Manager.
- Ensure the event space is clean and organized.
- Adhere to event safety standards.
- Ensure excellent levels of customer service.
- Assume the role of Ticket Taker and welcoming guests.
- Pack up equipment when the event is completed.
- Basic entertainment technical knowledge with the ability to set up small events, including powering up speakers, adjusting audio levels, moving, and setting up the event space or coordinating teams to do so, managing, and greeting third party events hired for events.
- Help with preproduction needs including updating the official event run of show for all major events, maintaining communication with operations and applicable team members as needed.
- Be available to run events on-site as needed in an on-call capacity.
- Host third party vendors and work with internal marketing team and operations to execute all events.
- Flexible schedule, strong communication and organization skills, basic Marketing and Event knowledge.
REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION
- Currently only accepting local candidates, as this is an part-time on-call position
- Professional, 1+ year event experience in Entertainment with a focus on Technical, Performance, PA or Stage Management
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, guest centered choices in changing and sometimes stressful situations
- Strong communications skills, able to maintain a professional guest focused interactions during busy events
- Forward-thinking, well organized, outgoing and detail oriented
- Flexibility to adapt to ever changing situations a must
- Capable of standing comfortably for up to eight hours a day, working long hours, evenings, weekends & some holidays
- Available to be on-site for all major events including 4th of July, Fall Fest, Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and New Year’s Eve plus additional events as needed
- Familiarity with Eventbrite